There are two of us now...
Here we chronicle our struggles with the undead horde. We've learned to survive.
Our hope is that the information collected here will aid you in your survival as well.

Boom Bitch!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chimera

The street glowed and shown as if the entire city was bathed in moonlight. The city lay still, quiet, unmoving, not even nature dared to move within the city. I stood alone, unarmed and vulnerable in the middle of the street. I could feel that I was not alone, though nothing moved, though nothing made a sound, I was aware that death was all around me. Death had consumed my city; I could see it moving, growing, hungering for me, its claws closing in on me. G's surrounded me on all sides. They stood silently watching me, their mouths silently calling to me, speaking my name with lifeless voices and fetid breath. They began to close on me, slowly suffocating me, stealing my oxygen.  Their screams for hunger were deafening, my ears rang and my feet moved faster than I had ever thought possible.

Pushing past the ghouls closest to me, I could feel their hands reaching for me, scratching, and tearing at my clothes. My lungs began to burn as I tried to put distance between me and the ghouls. As I ran I could see the entire city's inhabitants converge on me, from every door, every window, the entire world seemed to close around me. The street began to close up, houses began to move around me, I could hear the doors and windows break. Closing in on me the dead reached and grabbed for my body, their teeth closing and gnashing, grinding. My arm burned, and I turned to see a ghoul biting into my forearm, I spun around slamming my fist into its dead skull, breaking my self free, I could feel another tear, another bite, another hand grabbing me. The snarls, howling, the breaking wood consumed all I could hear.

As my eyes opened I could feel the sting of sweat, my head throbbed, and my body burned, in my brief consciousness, all I could see from the couch was the G standing in the living room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment