There are two of us now...
Here we chronicle our struggles with the undead horde. We've learned to survive.
Our hope is that the information collected here will aid you in your survival as well.

Boom Bitch!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Run, Rika, Run!

I'm regretting my gluttonous ways prior to the apocalypse. I mean, yeah, I slimmed down quickly when ration-mode hit our household and running for my life has done wonders for my thighs. But knowing how to run and just letting the sympathetic nervous system kick start your adrenalin is a totally different story.

I had a friend once that knew how to free-run; I should try to find him. I also need to plan a trip to Jax Sports for the proper parkour gear. I'm thinking some free-running shoes for Resef and I and some climbing gloves should do it. Oh and Resef also requested a bowie knife that he informs me resembles a "miniature pirate sword", some rope, a machete and a metal baseball bat- the essentials, you know.

Resef is on alert mode after last night. It's partly what prompted me to re-examine my physical abilities. I usually feel safe enough up here in our "apartment in the sky", as I like to call it. He's done a great job of making me as safe as I can feel, considering the life we've been living. It makes me feel like such a burden though. I need to learn more and pull my weight. It's why I refused his company on this outing. I'm so nervous. I'm pretty sure that I'll be the one tossing and turning tonight. Jax's would be a short 20 minute bike ride from our apartment if it wasn't for the fact that Old Town is completely overrun with Gs the last time I checked. Jax is slightly north of Old Town, so taking the long way around usually extends the trip to closer to 45 minutes. It's gonna be a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment